Crystal Reports on the web

Looking at the huge number of links, my code snippets and samples that I've accumulated during my journey with Crystal Reports and Report Server (RAS), I've realized that something should be done with all that. So, for all who are struggling with similar problems I've faced while pursuing that elusive goal of putting Crystal Reports on the web, I will put as much information here as I can ...

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pictures in CR XI

I've already mentioned how Crystal handles pictures - poorly :( It does internal conversion of a picture (JPG for instance) into bitmap, increasing the size of the report many times :(
One good thing about Crystal XI is that you can have pictures on the file system instead of embedding them into the report. Put a blank placeholder picture (that has 1-2 Kb) and specify File Location for the real picture. It will shift the job of downloading a picture to the network, but if picture is conditional (think client logos) your report is not several MB long unnecessary ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home